(22 Mar 2019) Flinders University is seeking The Associate Librarian, Collections, College and Research Services who leads and manages the Collections, College and Research Services team ensuring that it provides high quality services to University staff and students in ways that align with, and support, the University’s strategic priorities and the Library’s plans.
As one of two Associate Librarians the appointee will make a major contribution to the development of University Library plans, policies and budget.
Key Position Capabilities
- Leading and managing the Collections, College and Research Services team of the Library in support of the University’s strategic plan and Library plans.
- Ensuring that the team provides and develops new, high quality collections and research services that meets the needs of students, teachers and researchers, both on and off campus.
- Leading staff in the development and delivery of metadata standards, integration and practice to enable discovery of scholarly resources.
- Leading the Library’s Special Collections in the development and maintenance of collections to support teaching, learning and research.
Please note: Pursuant to the Children’s Protection Act 1993 (SA) this position has been deemed prescribed. It is an inherent requirement of the position that the successful candidate maintains a current Child Related Employment Screening which is satisfactory to the University.
- Portfolio of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Corporate Services)
- Available on a full-time basis for a period of 5 years (fixed-term)
- Attractive Remuneration Package on Offer
- Plus 17% employer superannuation
- Applications close: Wednesday, 27 March 2019 11am
How to Apply
Full details including how to apply on-line can be found at our Jobs@Flinders website: http://jobs.flinders.edu.au/cw/en/job/494978/associate-librarian-collections-college-and-research-services