(12 February 2019)
Digital and Information Literacy Project Adviser
Library Services Centre
$87,200 to $97,898 (Hew7)
The Library Services Centre provides innovative, high quality, customer-focused library services including digital and information literacies and use of learning technologies, research skills, information resources, scholarly and cultural collections, and learning facilities that contribute to and enhance the University’s learning, teaching, and research goals. The Library delivers a wide range of online resources and services to all campus and study locations and to clients both on and off-campus.
The Digital and Information Literacy Project Advisor is a new position that will support the Associate University Librarian, Digital and Information Literacy in developing new and innovative digital and information literacy programs in both face to face and online environments across the university. This important role will lead projects that focus on the development of guidelines and standards for digital and information literacy services and resources and work in collaboration with schools and service centres across the university to coordinate services delivered by librarians.
Applicants will be expected to have:
• A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience, or an equivalent level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation. Eligibility for Associate membership of the Australian Library and Information Association is desirable.
Experience in the academic library context, including:
• Demonstrated understanding of pedagogical models and best practices in student learning experiences, transition, assessment, and learning support in technology enhanced learning environments.
• Demonstrated expertise and innovation in the use of information and communication technologies for information discovery and access, teaching and learning, and client service delivery.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in curriculum and/or information literacy design and teaching and providing library services for educational disciplines.
• Sound project management skills, including the ability to work effectively with multi-disciplinary teams and to produce deliverables within specified timeframes.
You will also demonstrate personal attributes that are congruent with the University’s values of Integrity, Respect, Rational Inquiry and Personal Excellence.
Benefits & Remuneration
This full-time, ongoing position attracts remuneration of $87,200 to $97,898 plus 17% University superannuation contribution.
ECU supports a work/life balance for staff. Benefits such as flexible working arrangements may also be negotiated to meet your personal circumstances.
ECU has an Award-winning Health and Wellness Program and an extensive range of staff benefits across entertainment, financial, health, travel and consumer goods and services.
For information on the benefits of working at ECU, please visit our website Employment Opportunities.
Interested applicants are welcome to call Nicole Johnston on 0863048767 for more information.
How to Apply
Please upload your resume along with a statement addressing the capabilities in the Position Description.
Applications close on Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 11:30pm AWST.
PLEASE NOTE: BECAUSE THIS IS AN ONGOING POSITION, APPLICATIONS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM CANDIDATES WHO HAVE EITHER PERMANENT RESIDENCY OR AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP.