(3 Mar 2020) Deakin University is hiring Library Adviser Service Team Leader.
- Work from our Stunning Geelong, Waterfront Location!
- Fixed-term until December 2021, Part-time 14.70 hours per week
- HEW 6, $81, 274 + 17% Superannuation
The Library Adviser Service Team Leader works within a dynamic and encouraging environment and is responsible to effectively share co-ordination responsibilities of Library Advisory Services at the Waterfront Campus library which includes high quality and responsive customer service that aligns with the University’s Strategic Plans and supports the Library’s Operational Plans.
Your key responsibilities will include
- To co-manage campus advisory services and facilities ensuring effective operations during library opening hours.
- To monitor and review daily work practices to ensure that the Library complies with Occupational Health and Safety policies and legislation.
- To provide quality customer service modelling appropriate practice, monitoring service quality and recommending service improvements.
- To monitor key operational statistics and accountabilities to enable management to plan to peak times and resourcing.
- To co-manage and develop a campus based team including mentoring, training and performance appraisal.
- To ensure the implementation of all relevant University policies, in particular those relating to equal opportunity, Occupational Health and Safety, staff development and staff performance planning and review.
To be successful, you’ll have
Qualifications and Experience:
A degree in library or information science with subsequent relevant experience, or extensive experience and specialist expertise or broad knowledge in technical or administrative fields; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
Capabilities and Personal Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative work teams.
- Demonstrated skills to deliver high level customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to show initiative and flexibility.
- Demonstrated library experience in a service delivery area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of interpreting and applying library guidelines, work practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to organisational change and provide client focused library services.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently but also collaboratively with local and cross-Campus teams.
- Demonstrated experience in using a variety of computer applications in the context of an academic library.
For a copy of the position description and to apply https://careers.pageuppeople.com/949/cw/en/job/499016/library-advisory-services-team-leader
Applications for this position close on 8th March 2020.
This role requires the incumbent to apply for and maintain a Working with Children Check (refer to Deakin’s Recruitment Procedure for further details).
Please submit your updated resume and a short cover letter outlining your skills and experience for this role.
For a confidential discussion regarding this position, please contact Sabina Robertson, Manager, Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment, Library firstname.lastname@example.org, +61 3 924 46662
The original job posting is here.