(23 February 2017) Atmire migrated Curtin’s institutional repository espace from Digitool to DSpace 5.
Curtin University is Western Australia’s largest and most culturally diverse university with Australia’s third largest international student population.
The migration of Curtin University’s espace repository to a customized version of DSpace 5 brought a ton of new features to the repository’s users. Among others, users of the new repository now have:
- better search and browse functions,
- suggestions of related items to users at an item level; enabling serendipity discovery and increased exposure of espace items,
- the ability to filter search results by access status; making it easier to locate open access items,
- usage statistics available at site, collection, and item level,
- an overview of most popular items and authors, and location-based statistics are now available.
Read the full article here.